November 2007 Issue
Sesame Oil & Ginger Scalp Rub
This traditional technique was used by the geisha women to stimulate hair growth. It also helps to activate circulation of the scalp, remedies limp or falling hair, heals scalp irritations, and alleviates dandruff. It has a pungent, spicy scent.
- Finely grate a small to medium size piece of fresh ginger or substitute 2 teaspoons Dried Ginger Powder for a mild treatment
- With a piece of cheese cloth as a filter, squeeze grated ginger into a bowl, saving the juice
- Discard the ginger pulp
- Mix one part to one part (1:1) with Golden Sesame Oil
- Whisk well until completely blended into the oil
- Massage oil onto the scalp and keep rubbing for 10 minutes
- Shampoo as usual
- May also be left on as a longer treatment (not recommended for sensitive scalps). If there is a stinging sensation, wash out oil at once.